There are hundreds of VPN we find on the web to choose from. Some VPN you will find free and some are included in a plan for using its services. Using VPN is the best way to secure network connections. A VPN, or Virtual Private Network, allows you to invent a secure network to another connection over the web. VPNs can be used to access region-restricted websites, shield your browsing activity from snooping eyes on public Wi-Fi, and more. There are several types of VPN available in the market. Here we have discussed What is VPN? What VPN should I use? How it works and best VPN providers.
What is VPN?
Virtual Private Network is the easiest and best way to protect online activity and identity. It creates a safe and encrypted connection between less secure networks such as the internet. It helps to secure users’ data on the web. This makes it more challenging for third parties to track your activities online and remove data. The encryption takes place in real-time.
How VPN Works?
When you connect your computer or another device to a VPN it checks all your network traffic is sent over a secure connection. Because your computer act as if it’s on the network, this allows you to securely use local network resources even when you’re on the other side of the world. You will able to use the Internet as if you were present at the VPN’s location, which has some profits if you’re using pubic Wi-Fi or want to access geo-blocked websites.
When you browse the network while attached to a VPN, your computer touches the website over the encrypted VPN connection. The VPN transmits the request for you and forwards the response from the website behind through the secure connection. If you’re handling a USA-based VPN, then it can see your Netflix connection coming from the USA.
Key features of using VPN Network
- An extra layer of protection.
- Secure traffic between many business websites
- Hide original IP address
- Secure your personal information.
What VPN Should I use? (5 Best VPN)
- Remote Access VPN- with this VPN users can connect to a private network and access all its services and resources remotely. This VPN is best for personal use. Connecting to a different server will encrypt your data and help preserve your personal information away from cybercriminals. It is used by both home and business users.
- The Site to Site VPN- this VPN is recognized as Router to Router VPN. It mostly relates to big organizations with branches in different locations. Many government and non-government companies use the site to site VPN for securing their confidential information’s. it is best suited for large scale environment business for private communication all around the world.
- Open VPN- it is an open-source application for creating a safe connection from site to site and remotely. This VPN works with the two authentication modes the static ey and TLS. It is a very popular and secure protocol most commonly used by many VPN providers.
- L2TP- it means Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol that is used to establish a highly secure VPN connection. It generates a tunnel between two L2TP connections and the IPSec protocol encrypts the data and maintains secure communication between the tunnels.
- SSL and TLS- it means Secure Socket Layer (SSL) and Transport Layer Security (TLS). Helps enable more granular control over the connection. These are standard guard technologies for building an encrypted link between a web server and a browser. This VPN ensures that all data transferred among the web server and browsers remain private and unbroken.
Top 5 best VPN Providers
ExpressVPN– it offers 160 server locations over the world. ExpressVPN is easy to use and powerful software for network protection. It supports different devices such as Windows, Mac, iPhone & iPad, Android, Linux, and much more devices. It offers a 30-days money-back guarantee and 24/7 support with all packages with ExpressVPN Promo Code.
- Plan and pricing of ExpressVPN
- 1-month- $12.95/ per month
- 12-month- $8.32/ per month
- 6-month- $9.99/ per month
SurfShark VPN– the company founded in 2018 and quickly become one of the best VPN providers in the world. It delivers high-quality VPN services to its customers. Get the best VPN with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you choose a 24-month plan you can save up to 81% while purchasing.
- Plan and pricing of SurfShark VPN
- 1-MONTH- USD 12.95/ MONTH
- 24-MONTH- USD 2.49/ MONTH
- 6-MONTH- USD 6.49/ MONTH
Hola VPN- it offers a P2P VPN and a free version of the virtual private network. Its services are used by more than 199 users all around the world. Hola VPN includes many useful features that make it the best. You can connect up to 10 devices.
- Plan and pricing of Hola VPN
- BASIC PLAN- Free of cost
- 3-YEAR PLAN Premium- at $1.49/ month
- 3-YEAR PLAN Ultra – at $7.99/ month
- 1-YEAR PLAN Premium- at $3.89/ month
- 1-YEAR PLAN Ultra- at $19.99/ month
- 1-MONTH PLAN Premium-at $7.49/ month
- 1-MONTH PLAN Ultra- at $29.99/ month
NordVPN– this VPN is that customers who are looking for peace of mind. It secures up to 6 devices at the same time. NordVPN offers one of the fastest VPN services with unlimited bandwidth. The company provides wide options of VPN server locations to connect with.
- Plan and pricing of NordVPN
- 2-Year Plan- at $3.71/ month
- 1-Year Plan- at $4.92/ month
- 1-Month Plan- at $11.95/ month
ZenMate– it offers a VPN service to connect to the safe server from a remote location and secure your data with military guard technology. ZenMate was invented in German. It supports various languages. It provides 7 days free trial with desktop and mobile apps. Also offers a 30-days money-back guarantee to users.
- ZenMate Plan and Pricing
- 1-Month- at $10.99/ monthly
- 3-Year- at $1.64/ monthly
- 1-Year- at $4.49/ monthly