Quickbooks error 6147 enters the system when the user attempts to open the authentic client files or their backup. The error generates a message on the screen that says “Error code -6147, 0 when attempting to open my company file or a backup file.” Well, encountering such issues can be quite overwhelming but you don’t worry as you can resolve it with the famous Quickbooks File Doctor tool. However, you can proceed further if you want to learn about more troubleshooting.
But, before moving directly into the solutions, first, we need to know the causes that result in this kind of issue. So, let’s learn the significant cause that hinders the working capacity of the software.
Major Causes of Quickbooks Error 6147
You can read the list below and understand all the hidden factors that trigger the error.
- If there is a damaged company (QBW) record.
- When the backup file name is greater than the restriction of 210 characters.
- Restoring a backup (*.QBB extension) from community electricity.
- And, if there is an incorrect backup file path then again you can encounter the issue.
All of these causes bring hindrances that later on turn into identification signs. Go check them out below to detect the error.
Symptoms to Identify the error 6147
Detecting the issue is very important in resolving the error. We have listed some of the common signs that will help you to identify the error.
- Suddenly, a problem was detected and the system shuts down.
- Seeing an instant crash in the active window.
- Error code 6147 appears and all the running program crashes.
You now require to troubleshoot the causes that arise such obstructions.
Solutions to Remove Quickbooks Error 6147
Here are some of the solutions that you can use to eradicate the issue. So, try every strategy given below till the error gets resolved.
The first solution that you can try to eliminate the issue is to download the Quickbooks file doctor tool. This dynamic tool helps the users to fix errors related to the corrupted company file and network errors. To download the tool, visit the legitimate internet site of Intuit and fix the error.
Now, move into the next solution if the previous one cannot resolve the issue. With this solution, you can fix the issue related to the backup file name. If the backup file name is not correct or exceeds the character then navigate to a new location and try to restore backup documents with the help of the following steps.
- Ensure that the system is not operating over multi-consumer environments.
- Now, try to restore the backup file which can be stored within the system.
- Examine the error code now.
- If the error code appears then trade the QB company file name in less than 120 characters.
- Once done, verify the error code now.
Proceed to this solution to verify and configure the trend micro active Scan.
- First of all, find the company file where it is placed.
- Without moving the cursor to any QB company document, you need to press the CTRL key and then click on the Quickbooks icon.
- Visit the drop-down menu.
- Then, choose the desired company file.
- After that, choose and open the trend micro active Scan setting.
- In the end, just choose the folder and upload the same to an exception.
Furthermore, you can use the Quickbooks Install Diagnostic device to resolve corrupted company documents. If the tool does not help you in resolving the issue then navigate to the Intuit’s encourages records damage fixation steps.
You can proceed to this last solution that helps you in conducting the Quickbooks file repair.
- Simply start the procedure by opening the folder that has the Quickbooks company file.
- Now, you need to navigate to the .ND and .TLG files.
- In the next step, just right-click on the .ND file and also rename it to .ND OLD.
- Moving on, just repeat the same for the .TLG file.
- Now, you are good to go with your accounting software.
Well, these are all the solutions proven by experts and advisors to fix the issue. They will surely resolve all the hindrances created by the error. But, if the error is not resolved then try to contact the Quickbooks customer care team. They will help you in every situation and resolve all of your queries. So, don’t hesitate to dial a call to them.