AngularJS: A brief introduction
Some general features of AngularJS
Below are some of the general features and benefits of using AngularJS for your web app development project:
- AngularJS helps you create Rich Internet Applications (RIA) efficiently.
- It offers you an option to write client-side apps using JS in a clean Model View Controller (MVC) way.
- Apps written in AngularJS are cross-browser compliant. It means AngularJS can automatically handle the code suitable for each browser.
- It is an open-source framework, which makes it completely free to download, install and access for creating dynamic web applications.
Core features of AngularJS
Since you have learned about the general features of AngularJS, let’s dive deeper into the details and discuss the core features of the framework:
- Data-binding: It helps in automatically synchronizing the data between the model and view and components.
- Dependency injection: AngularJS comes with an in-built dependency injection that enables you to build, understand, and test the applications quickly.
- Routing: It helps in switching different views.
- Directives: These are markers on DOM (Document Object Model) elements that help create custom HTML tags that act as new, custom widgets.
- Filters: Filters choose a subset of items from an array and reciprocate a new array.
Some top benefits of using AngularJS for web app development
You might not be aware that many websites and applications of many famous companies such as Amazon, Snapchat, PayPal, Netflix, Gmail, etc., use AngularJS for their web development projects. Like these popular organizations, you can also benefit from the advantages offered by AngularJS and enhance your brand awareness and business growth. Here is the list of five benefits you should know about AngularJS:
Easy to learn
If you have a basic knowledge of HTML, CSS, and JS, you can easily hold command over AngularJS. Learning AngularJS is not only easy but also opens the doors of opportunities for web developers. Many online courses are available on the internet for free to understand the framework’s concepts and test your programming skills.
With AngularJS, your data synchronizes automatically between the view and the model. When there is any data alteration in the model, it automatically reflects in the view too. Similarly, when you make changes in the view data, they will immediately get revised in the model too. It allows a more straightforward and less complicated approach to DOM display to build the user interface.
AngularJS uses HTML as a programming language to create templates. It is a declarative language widely used for its scalability and impulsive innateness. Templates consist of specific AngularJS elements, such as filters, directives, form controls, etc. All this helps create a declarative UI that makes things more straightforward, easy to understand, and interactive.
AngularJS offers you both unit and end-to-end testing. One of the primary testing features of AngularJS is dependency injection that helps you observe how the components of your applications are created and how they are performing. Moreover, it also checks for the errors through testing and fixes them to make your app serve better.
Supported by Google community
One of the best things about AngularJS as your front-end web development framework is that it is developed and managed by Google. The engineers and developers at Google continually improve its performance and bring new updates to clear the bugs. Moreover, along with Google, the framework is also backed up by a massive community of developers worldwide. Therefore, you can always ask for their suggestions and resolve the issues you face while working on a web app development project.
There is no doubt that AngularJS is an excellent framework for web app development, and you can easily understand that through the advantages and features you have learned in this article. With AngularJS, you can save a lot of your time and money that you can invest in your other business-related tasks. Therefore, you can hire Angular programmers and developers to build a robust and interactive SPA or RIA for your business.